Pitch: IGArt is a 2D engine focused on platformers, with the ability to create other 2D games. It features: a component system, multiple scenes, parent-child relationships, gizmos, a spline tool, a behaviour tree editor, a particle editor, a terrain tool, and much more. The engine runs on PC and PSVita.
- Researching and planning effective engine structure.
- Implementing the scene graph system, using the dirty flag pattern.
- Implementing the entire Editor UI using imGUI.
- Implementing the Hierarchy and Inspector systems.
- Implementing mouse picking using ray vs OBB and converting screen point to a ray.
- Implementing gizmos.
- Implementing the animation system.
Role: Engine & Editor Programmer
Development Time: 14 Weeks
Team Size: 9